|Denis & Janelle Rowe||(07) 5533 3520||0418 721 firstname.lastname@example.org|
ACTIVITIES: Suggestions for exploring The Scenic Rim
Wantalanya Chalets is your gateway to The Scenic Rim. Here are some suggestions for getting the most out your stay with us. First, some resources for hikers in the Lamington National Park and elsewhere:
1. The book Take A Walk in South-East Queensland by John & Lyn Daly (on sale at hiking equipment stores, e.g. K2 and Mountain Design, and some Tourist Information Offices)
2. The free map/brochure, Visitors Guide - Lamington National Park - Binna Burra and Green Mountains Sections.
3. A large (1MB) map of The Scenic Rim.
ACTIVITIES - LOCAL
1. Drive to the North Road Lookout at Lower Beechmont for panoramic views | On the way, drop into Lower Beechmont Kitchen (Cafe & Restaurant) for a snack or meal or visit The General Store for a newspaper and groceries.
2. Drive to Rosins Lookout for spectacular views over the Numinbah Valley and the Springbrook Plateau | View Mt Warning in the distance, framed by the Numinbah Gap | Continue on to Canungra and visit the comprehensive Tourist Information Office for maps, brochures, souvenirs and local wine!
3. Drive to Binna Burra | Visit the National Parks & Wildlife Information Office - collect a free map | Do one of the half-day walks - the Caves Track is a good start (see FAQ page).